- Which of the following is considered an alternative energy resource?
- Which one of the following is are alternative resources?
- Which is used as fuel for transportation?
- What type of renewable energy is used as a transportation fuel alternative to gasoline?
- Which is the most expensive means of transport?
- What is the slowest means of transportation?
- Which is the oldest means of transport?
- What is the fastest means of communication?
- Why was it cheaper to transport goods by rail rather than roads?
- What is the disadvantage of rail transport?
- What are the limitations of rail transport?
- What is the importance of rail transport?
- What are the main advantages of railways?
- Why is railways so important today?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of train travel?
Which of the following is considered an alternative energy resource?
Renewable resources include biomass energy (such as ethanol), hydropower, geothermal power, wind energy, and solar energy.
Which one of the following is are alternative resources?
Today, we start using alternative sources of energy like solar power, wind power, geothermal, biomass, hydro power, waste energy and so on, because these renewable energy sources are not polluting the environment and are helping us to reduce the level of greenhouse gas emissions in the atmosphere and to reduce climate …
Which is used as fuel for transportation?
Gasoline is the most commonly used U.S. transportation fuel Gasoline is the dominant transportation fuel in the United States, followed by distillate fuels (mostly diesel fuel) and jet fuel. Gasoline includes aviation gasoline and motor gasoline.
What type of renewable energy is used as a transportation fuel alternative to gasoline?
Which is the most expensive means of transport?
Air transportation is the costliest mode of transportation whereas rail transportation is the cheapest mode of transportation.
What is the slowest means of transportation?
Which is the oldest means of transport?
What is the fastest means of communication?
The telephone or mobile phone is the popular, modern and quickest means of communication which exchanges information between two persons. Through phones we can instantly talk to our relatives or friends in any part of the world.
Why was it cheaper to transport goods by rail rather than roads?
Rail has lower fuel costs compared to road transport, especially when shipping a high volume of freight. Rail also has less costs associated with drivers and typically has better costs for drop trailer programs. Shipping via train is more environmentally friendly. Trains burn less fuel per ton mile than trucks.
What is the disadvantage of rail transport?
The railway requires a large investment of capital. The cost of construction, maintenance and overhead expenses are very high as compared to other modes of transport. Moreover, the investments are specific and immobile. In case the traffic is not sufficient, the investments may mean wastage of huge resources.
What are the limitations of rail transport?
Although railway transport has many advantages, it suffers from certain serious limitations:
- Huge Capital Outlay:
- Lack of Flexibility:
- Lack of Door to Door Service:
- Unsuitable for Short Distance and Small Loads:
- Booking Formalities:
- No Rural Service:
- Under-utilised Capacity:
What is the importance of rail transport?
Moving goods by rail is increasingly the most cost-effective way of transporting freight. Rail haulage is more fuel efficient than road haulage. Less fuel is needed to transport a tonne of goods by rail than by road, saving both money and greenhouse gas emissions.
What are the main advantages of railways?
- Dependable: The greatest advantage of the railway transport is that it is the most dependable mode of transport as it is the least affected by weather conditions such as rains, fog etc.
- Better Organized:
- High Speed over Long Distances:
- Suitable for Bulky and Heavy Goods:
- Cheaper Transport:
- Larger Capacity:
Why is railways so important today?
It is the lifeline of the country for large-scale movement of traffic – freight and passengers. The railways are 150 years old in India. The Indian railways carry 40,000 lakh passengers and 4, 000 lakh tonnes of goods a year. It is the largest public sector undertaking of the country.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of train travel?
- Advantage: Comfort and Accessibility. Compared to buses, cars or planes, many trains are downright luxurious.
- Disadvantage: Lack of Control. Feeling spontaneous?
- Advantage: Safety.
- Disadvantage: Close Quarters.
- Advantage: Luggage Space.
- Disadvantage: No Assigned Seating.
- Advantage: Views.
- Advantage and Disadvantage: Speed.