- What type of angles does a scalene triangle have?
- What are the properties of an equilateral triangle?
- What are the properties of acute triangle?
- What are the two ways to classify triangles?
- What is an obtuse scalene triangle?
- What is triangle and its types?
- What is the area of an irregular triangle?
- How do work out the area of a triangle?
What type of angles does a scalene triangle have?
A scalene triangle has three different angles and none of its sides are equal in length.
What are the properties of an equilateral triangle?
In geometry, an equilateral triangle is a triangle in which all three sides have the same length….Equal cevians
- The three altitudes have equal lengths.
- The three medians have equal lengths.
- The three angle bisectors have equal lengths.
What are the properties of acute triangle?
Properties of an Acute Angled Triangle
- An acute triangle has all interior angles measured less than 90° degrees.
- The side opposite to the smallest angle is the smallest side of the triangle.
- The square of the longest side is less than the sum of the squares of two smaller sides.
What are the two ways to classify triangles?
There are two ways to classify triangles. To classify a triangle by angles means to categorize the triangle according to the types of angles that make up the triangle. To classify triangles by angles you must determine if each angle in the triangle is acute, right or obtuse.
What is an obtuse scalene triangle?
An obtuse triangle is any triangle that has an obtuse angle. A scalene triangle is one which have all three sides of a triangle of different lengths and all three angles of different measures.
What is triangle and its types?
Triangles are shapes with three sides. A triangle’s type depends on the length of its sides and the size of its angles (corners). There are three types of triangle based on the length of the sides: equilateral, isosceles, and scalene. The green lines mark the sides of equal (the same) length.
What is the area of an irregular triangle?
The area of a scalene triangle with base b and height h is given by 1/2 bh. If you know the lengths of all three sides, you can calculate area using Heron’s Formula without having to find the height.
How do work out the area of a triangle?
To calculate the area of a triangle, multiply the height by the width (this is also known as the ‘base’) then divide by 2.