- What is perimeter of right circular cylinder?
- What is area and perimeter of cylinder?
- What is effectiveness of fin?
- How do you increase fin effectiveness?
- What is corrected length?
- How do you calculate fin effectiveness?
- Can Fin effectiveness be less than 1?
- Which type of fin is more effective?
- Which fins are more effective?
- What is the absorptivity of the gray body?
What is perimeter of right circular cylinder?
A cylinder is a three – dimensional shape. So, technically we cannot find the perimeter of a cylinder but we can find the perimeter of the cross-section of the cylinder. This can be done by creating the projection on its base, thus, creating the projection on its side, then the shape would be reduced to a rectangle.
What is area and perimeter of cylinder?
Cylinder (surface of side) perimeter of circle × height. 2 × pi × radius × height. Cylinder (whole surface) Areas of top and bottom circles + Area of the side.
What is effectiveness of fin?
What is effectiveness of fin? a. the ratio of actual heat transferred from fin area to the heat which would be transferred if entire fin area was at base temperature. b. the heat which would be transferred if entire fin area was at base temperature to the ratio of actual heat transferred from fin area.
How do you increase fin effectiveness?
Since the fin efficiency is inversely proportional to Λ, it can be improved either by increasing k and B, or by decreasing 〈h〉 and L. If the average heat transfer coefficient, 〈h〉, is increased due to an increase in the air velocity past the fin, the fin efficiency decreases.
What is corrected length?
Suez University. Corrected fin length Lc is defined such that heat transfer from a fin of length Lc with insulated tip is equal to heat transfer from the actual fin of length L with convection at the fin tip.
How do you calculate fin effectiveness?
- The fin efficiency is defined as the ratio of the heat transfer to the fin to the heat transfer to an ideal fin. ηth =
- qfin. hAfin(Tb − T∞) , Tf = T∞,and Afin = 2Ac + Atip (Square and Recatngular ) 1.35.
- Atip = t × W. Fig. 2.4. Rectangular Fin. For cylindrical: Afin = πDL +
Can Fin effectiveness be less than 1?
The fin efficiency will always be less than one, as assuming the temperature throughout the fin is at the base temperature would increase the heat transfer rate.
Which type of fin is more effective?
Which fins are more effective?
Perhaps the most widely used fins are made of aluminum because of its low cost and weight and its resistance to corrosion. The use of fins is most effective in applications involving low convection heat transfer coefficient.
What is the absorptivity of the gray body?
The absorptivity of a grey body is the ratio of the amount of energy absorbed by the body to the amount of energy absorbed by a black body at the same temperature. Note that the definition of the absorptivity is parallel to the definition of emissivity.