- What is my latitude and longitude UK?
- What are London’s coordinates?
- What are the approximate coordinates of the United Kingdom?
- What line of longitude is London closest to?
- Why was Greenwich chosen as prime meridian?
- Which cities are on the same latitude?
- What cities are at 35 degrees latitude?
- What cities sit on the equator?
- Which country has maximum latitude?
- What is the most northern country in the world?
- What country is closest to the North Pole?
- What is the most southern country in the world?
- What is the world’s most southern capital city?
- Which country is the closest to Antarctica?
- How many 4 letter countries are there?
- What 10 countries have 4 letters?
- What country has only 3 letters in its name?
- What 4 states have 4 letters?
- Which state name has the most letters?
- What 4 states start with vowels?
- What states have 9 letters?
- Which state has the shortest name?
- What state has 13 letters in its name?
- What is a country with 5 letters?
- What is a country with 7 letters?
- Which country name has 7 letters?
- Which country name has 6 letters?
- What country has 11 letters in its name?
- What are the six letter words?
- What is the all country name?
What is my latitude and longitude UK?
Satellite Map of London, the UK The latitude of London, the UK is 51.509865, and the longitude is -0.118092. London, the UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 51° 30′ 35.5140” N and 0° 7′ 5.1312” W.
What are London’s coordinates?
51.5074° N, 0.1278° W
What are the approximate coordinates of the United Kingdom?
GPS coordinates of United Kingdom. Latitude: 55.3618 Longitude: -3.4433.
What line of longitude is London closest to?
Greenwich meridian, imaginary line used to indicate 0° longitude that passes through Greenwich, a borough of London, and terminates at the North and South poles.
Why was Greenwich chosen as prime meridian?
Why does the Prime Meridian run through Greenwich? There were two main reasons for the choice. The decision was based on the argument that by naming Greenwich as Longitude 0º, it would be advantageous to the largest number of people. Therefore the Prime Meridian at Greenwich became the centre of world time.
Which cities are on the same latitude?
Miami is at the same latitude as Saudi Arabia. Honolulu at the same latitude as the Sahara desert. Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix and Houston are all at the same latitude as North Africa. Anchorage is further south than Reykjavik.
What cities are at 35 degrees latitude?
World Cities at 35 Degrees North Latitude
- St Philip Neri Church. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA — This city is located in the plains of the American Midwest and is subject to tornadoes and other extreme weather.
- National Oklahoma City Memorial.
- Xi’an Walls and Tower.
- Sensoji Temple.
What cities sit on the equator?
Largest cities straddling the Equator
- Quito, Ecuador: 2,671,191 (2011)
- Kampala, Uganda: 1,659,600 (2012)
- Pekanbaru, Indonesia: 1,093,416 (2014)
- Padang, Indonesia: 1,024,906 (2014)
- Libreville, Gabon: 797,003 (2012)
- Pontianak, Indonesia: 573,751 (2014)
- Kisumu, Kenya: 409,928 (2009)
- Macapa, Brazil: 397,913 (2010)
Which country has maximum latitude?
Answer: The top five countries with the maximum number of latitudes passing through them are: United States – 17°N to 22°N*, 25°N to 49°N**, and 52°N to 71°N*** → 51 lines of latitude. Canada – 42°N to 83°N → 42 lines of latitude. Russia – 42°N to 81°N → 40 lines of latitude.
What is the most northern country in the world?
The Northernmost Points Of The Northernmost Countries Of The World
What country is closest to the North Pole?
The Canadian territory of Nunavut lies closest to the North Pole. Greenland, the world’s largest island and an independent country within the Kingdom of Denmark, is also close to the pole. The North Pole is much warmer than the South Pole.
What is the most southern country in the world?
List of countries by southernmost point
|—||South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands||Southern Thule|
|1||Chile||Águila Islet, Diego Ramírez Islands Cape Froward (mainland)|
What is the world’s most southern capital city?
Which country is the closest to Antarctica?
The nearest countries to Antarctica are South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Chile and Argentina. On Antarctica there are no cities or villages, 98% of the continent is covered by ice.
How many 4 letter countries are there?
Today, the world has 195 countries, and of this total, 11 have English names that consist of four letters. Some of the nations with four-letter names include Peru, Iraq, and Cuba.
What 10 countries have 4 letters?
In alphabetical order, the four letter countries are…
What country has only 3 letters in its name?
Countries – 3 letters
|DDR||East Germany, former country||W O D|
|GDR||East Germany, former country||W O D|
|UAE||United Arab Emirates||W O D|
|UAR||Former country||W O D|
What 4 states have 4 letters?
Of the 50 U.S. states, only three have four letters:
Which state name has the most letters?
State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
What 4 states start with vowels?
The States of Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Utah begin with a vowel.
What states have 9 letters?
States of the USA – 9 letters
|Louisiana||W O D|
|Minnesota||W O D|
|New Jersey||W O D|
|New Mexico||W O D|
Which state has the shortest name?
Among the 5-letter states, Idaho shares no letters with New Jersey and the 2 above (KY/TN), and Texas shares no letters with Ohio or Wyoming, but MAINE shares at least one letter with every other state.
What state has 13 letters in its name?
States of the USA – 13 letters
|Massachusetts||W O D|
|North Carolina||W O D|
|South Carolina||W O D|
What is a country with 5 letters?
Other countries with 5 letter names include Chile, China, Haiti, India, Italy, Japan, Malta, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Qatar, Samoa, Spain, Syria, Tonga, and Yemen. Some of these countries are briefly described below.
What is a country with 7 letters?
Apart from the six countries highlighted above, other countries that have seven letters in their names include Andorra, Austria, Bahamas, Burundi, Croatia, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Granada, Hungary, Iceland, Morocco, Ireland, Moldova, Lesotho, Namibia, and Nigeria.
Which country name has 7 letters?
These countries include the [eastern European nations] of Ukraine, Georgia, Romania, Hungary, Belarus, and Moldova. In Western Europe, Belgium, Britain (United Kingdom), and Ireland each have seven letter names.
Which country name has 6 letters?
They include Sweden, France, Poland, Norway, Cyprus, Latvia, Serbia, Greece, Kosovo, and the tiny coastal country of Monaco. Two transcontinental countries, located in Europe and Asia, have six letters: Turkey and, the world’s largest country, Russia.
What country has 11 letters in its name?
What are the six letter words?
What is the all country name?
List of countries and codes
|Short name||Official name||FAOSTAT|
|Afghanistan||the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan||2|
|Albania||the Republic of Albania||3|
|Algeria||the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria||4|
|Andorra||the Principality of Andorra||6|