- At which of the four points shown is the strength of the magnetic field greatest?
- Which part of a magnet is stronger?
- What can you do with Neodymium magnets?
- What is rare earth neodymium magnets?
- What happens if you swallow a magnetic ball?
- How do I know if my child swallowed a magnet?
- What happens if a child swallows a metal ball?
- How long does it take to pass a coin if swallowed?
- How do you know when something is stuck in your intestines?
At which of the four points shown is the strength of the magnetic field greatest?
Question: The diagram below shows the lines of magnetic force between two north magnetic poles. At which point is the magnetic field strength greatest? Answer: (B) has the greatest magnetic field strength because it is located at the highest density of magnetic field lines.
Which part of a magnet is stronger?
The magnetic field generated by any magnet is always strongest at either pole. The magnetic force is equally as strong at both the north and south pole.
What can you do with Neodymium magnets?
Neodymium magnets are used for:
- Hard disk drives.
- Audio equipment such as microphones, acoustic pick-ups, headphones and loudspeakers.
- Magnetically coupled pumps.
- Door catches.
- Motors and generators.
What is rare earth neodymium magnets?
Neodymium Magnets (commonly known as Neodymium Iron Boride, NdFeb, or Neo magnets) are the most powerful Rare-Earth magnets available today. NdFeB magnets are high in magnetic strength, more versatile and less brittle than samarium cobalt magnets, so they are often the more cost-effective choice.
What happens if you swallow a magnetic ball?
Children who find loose magnetic balls are apt to swallow or choke on them. If more than one piece is swallowed, the powerful ball bearings can attach to each other across intestinal walls, causing obstructions, perforations (holes) and even death.
How do I know if my child swallowed a magnet?
It’s important for parents and other caregivers to know the symptoms kids might have if they do swallow something unbeknownst to anyone. The symptoms could include abdominal pain, vomiting, drooling, gagging, refusing to eat, a fever and even breathing issues, according to Dr. Lai.
What happens if a child swallows a metal ball?
Most children have no symptoms after swallowing an object, and the object will not cause any problems. Occasionally, the swallowed object can become stuck in the oesophagus. Take your child to a doctor or hospital emergency department if they have: trouble swallowing food.
How long does it take to pass a coin if swallowed?
If the coin has passed through the throat, into the stomach, it should pass out from the system in less than 4-5 days, and usually within 2 days. A coin that is stuck will induce stomach or chest pain, drooling, trouble swallowing, vomiting, and fever.
How do you know when something is stuck in your intestines?
Symptoms of a foreign body in the stomach or intestines
- Pain or cramping in the abdomen.
- Abdominal swelling or bloating.
- Loss of appetite.
- Blood in the stool.
- Diarrhea or constipation.